Comparison of OpenTTD and TTDPatch features
Revision as of 17:39, 3 September 2017 by andythenorth
Here you have a small comparative between OpenTTD and TTDPatch Features
These features work exactly the same as in TTDPatch. Some of them need to be manually activated, see Advanced Settings.
- Canals / locks / rivers
- Change station spread
- Longer stations / more platforms
- Ability to join stations (of same width or length)
- Mammoth trains
- Multiheaded trains
- build on slopes / coasts
- Go to depot orders
- Longer bridges
- Higher bridges
- Advanced non-stop orders
- Shared orders
- Copy orders
- Crossing tunnels cheat
- Plant many trees on a tile
- Bribe the town authority
- No train servicing
- No inflation
- Full load any cargo
- Select goods option
- New starting date
- Change default servicing interval for vehicles
- Change max # of vehicles per player
- More currencies (including Euro introduction in 2002)
- Colorful newspaper after a certain date
- Electrified Rails (Extra type, compared to replacing types in TTDPatch. But 8 independent track types is WIP in TTDPatch.)
- Dual Company Colours
- New Sounds
- NewGRF Houses
- NewGRF Industries
- Ability to sort vehicles list by different properties
- Sell entire train
- Enhanced bridge construction
- Gradual loading / unloading
- New cargo types
- Drive-through Road Stops (by mart3p)
- Autoslope (Change slope on non-empty tiles)
- Signal type selection GUI
- Path Based Signals (PBS)
- Signals that are only stopping locations from one side
- More airports per city
Features that are significantly different in OpenTTD
- New AI.
- Two new bridges instead of raise Bridges speed limit.
- Drag and drop for most tools.
- Convert rail (from and to rail, monorail, maglev).
- Sell entire train.
- New buttons in GUI instead of shortcuts.
- Drag and Drop signals (Auto-Signals).
- Configure most Advanced Settings inside the game.
- Landscaping toolbar.
- Servicing intervals in percentage of max. reliability.
- More detailed performance ratings.
- Extra Viewport.
- Ability to move company HQ.
- Magic bulldozer cheat to remove industries etc.
- Autoreplace in OpenTTD uses manual selection. This differs from TTDPatch which uses automatic selection based on criteria supplied via newgrf.
- Clone Vehicle is available for all vehicle types in OpenTTD, but only trains in TTDPatch.
- Station tile/platform removal
- Direct construction of non-connected stations (also called distant-join stations)
TTDPatch features currently not in OpenTTD
- Low memory version
- Abandoned Roads
- Signals that will only let selected trains/train types through (Restrictive signalling)
- Signals that change red/green state depending on various map state (Programmable signalling)
- Non-straight and junction bridge heads (Custom Bridgeheads)
- Selection of which disasters may or may not happen
- Automatic creation of presignal setups
- Configurable steam plumes for steam engines
- Independent acceleration model settings for all motive power (unnecessary)
- ~25 different town growth controls
Features only available in OpenTTD
- Larger maps (up to 2048x2048 or even more with patches)
- Vehicle introduction dates later than 2050
- co-existence of different vehicle sets and 65000 different vehicles per type (engine pool)
- max 255 Network clients
- max 15 companies
- max 15 network administration connections
- max 16 different newgrf-definable railtypes
- convenient in-game download of online content (newgrf, AI, heightmaps, scenarios)
- newgrf airport tiles and rotatable airports (via newgrfs)
- translatable newgrf descriptions and newgrf versioning
- Fast forward
- Passenger and Cargo Distribution (Cargodist) - passengers and cargo have destinations
- Automatic vehicle separation from timetables
- Infrastructure maintenance
- Roadmap — The Roadmaps
- Requested features — List of WIP Suggestions
- Recent and Current Developments — Recent features added in trunk and branches
- NewGRF TODO — A list of NewGRF WIP features for developers.
- Comparison of OpenTTD and TTDPatch features — Full List of features
- Mini_Integrated_Nightly — The list of patch of the precedent nightly
Comparison Chart (Not exhaustive)
|Halftile foundations||Done||Not done||(Also known as anti- zig, zag foundations.)|
|Multistop for road vehicles||Done||Not done|
|Custom Bridgeheads||WIP||Done||was worked on by peter1138 TT Forums topic|
|Enhanced bridge construction||Done||WIP|
|Build track above tunnel entrances||Not done||Done||All Track directions allowed. Automatic track construction for depots also supported.|
|Bigger maps||Done||Not done||Possible, but would require tremendous amounts of work in the Patch.|
|Extra Viewport||Done||Not done|
|Player faces extended||Done||WIP||TT Forums topic|
|Autorail tool||Done||Not done|
|Drag railway in any direction||Done||Done|
|Measurement tool||Done||Not done||TT Forums topic|
|Date-dependent track/road graphics (newroutes)||Done||WIP|
|New airports||Done||WIP||Being worked on as a new GRF feature by Csaboka.|
|Path Based Signaling||Done||Done|
|New pathfinder||Done||WIP||Being worked on by Eis_os|
|Routing restrictions at signals||WIP||Done||The MiniIN restricts based on maximum speed, with global settings (fast/medium/slow). TTDPatch restricts based on one or more of power, weight, length, next order, maximum speed, and nearby signal status; combined with any combination of or, and, and xor; with per-signal settings.|
|Programmable Signals||WIP||Done||Allows the User to restrict the passage of Trains based on the state of other signals, station platforms, etc. For example, if a Mainline signal is red, the branch line signal can be set to automatically go red and therefore allows Priority to be given to certain tracks. See TTDP Wiki|
|Yellow signal state||WIP||WIP|
|New signals||Not Done||Done|
|New objects (eyecandy)||Done||Done|