For OpenTTD there is an in-game tutorial which will guide you through the interface. It covers about the same things as the beginner tutorial on the wiki, but is programmed as an interactive in-game tutorial. Follow the steps below on how to download and start the tutorial..
The in-game beginner tutorial contains these chapters:
- Trucks and industry chains
- Buses and town growth
- Rail (incomplete)
How to get and start the Tutorial
1. Click on play scenario (in the main menu)
2. Click on check online content button (lower left)
3. Download the "beginner tutorial". You can use the filter if you want to limit the list of content
4. Close the download window
6. Select the "beginner tutorial" in the Load Scenario window.
7. If you get a red text about missing files, click on the "find missing content online" button and download a NewGRF file required by the tutorial.
8. Click on "Load"
9. Follow the in-game tutorial :-)
A previous attempt to create a in-game tutorial was TutorialAI that used the AI framework. This AI shows step by step instructions on how to eg. build a bus connection.
This tutorial works also with OpenTTD 1.1.x.