Mécanique du jeu/Fr
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
Here you can find information about how OpenTTD calculates in-game figures.
Here you can find information about how OpenTTD calculates in-game figures.
Revision as of 13:05, 9 January 2011
Here you can find information about how OpenTTD calculates in-game figures.
You always wanted to know how the station-rating was built up? How goods-distribution works? Here you can find it!
Each part of the company rating is a linear function, ie. earning 50% of the target for a component will give 50% of the points allocated for that component. Where components involve monetary amounts, these are converted to the currency of the current game; internally these amounts are stored as the pound amount.
|Component||Target||Points (min)||Points (max)|
|Vehicle count||>=120||0 points for 0 vehicles||100 points for at least 120 vehicles|
|Number of station parts company owns||>=80||0 points for 0 parts||100 points for at least 80 parts|
|Minimum profit of vehicles at least two years old||>=£10,000||0 points for loss or £0||100 points for at least £10,000|
|Minimum monthly revenue earned in past 3 years||>=£50k||0 points for £0||50 points for at least £50k|
|Maximum monthly revenue earned in past 3 years||>=£100k||0 points for £0||100 points for at least £100k|
|Units of cargo delivered in past year||>=40,000||0 points for 0 units||400 points for at least 40,000 units|
|Number of types of cargo delivered in past quarter||>=8||0 points for 0 cargo-types||50 points for at least 8 cargo-types|
|Current cash in bank||>=£10m||0 points for £0||50 points for at least £10m|
|Current loan from bank||£0||0 points for >£250k||50 points for £0|
|Totals||0 points||1000 points|
This section shows the factors that affect the station rating. All calculations are done separately for each cargo type.
|Factor||Condition||Rating points||Rating %|
|Max speed of last vehicle entering station||Above 85 km/h (52 mph)||(Speed (km/h) - 85) / 4||0% to 17%|
|Age in years of last vehicle entering station||2||10||4%|
|Days since last cargo pickup
Multiply days in "Condition" column by 4 if last vehicle was a ship.
(Note: If a vehicle was ready to pick up a cargo but there was no cargo, it is regarded as a cargo pickup anyhow)
|32,5 to 52,5||25||10%|
|17,5 to 32,5||50||20%|
|10 to 17,5||95||37%|
|less than 10||130||51%|
|Units of cargo waiting at station||More than 1500||-90||-35%|
|1001 to 1500||-35||-14%|
|601 to 1000||0||0%|
|301 to 600||10||4%|
|101 to 300||30||12%|
|less than 100||40||16%|
|Statue in town of station||Built||26||10%|
|Small advertising campaign||Station within 10 tiles of town center||+64||+25%|
|Medium advertising campaign||Station within 15 tiles of town center||+112||+44%|
|Large advertising campaign||Station within 20 tiles of town center||+160||+63%|
|Road vehicle crashed||Station within 22 tiles of crash||-160||-63%|
|Train crashed||Station within 30 tiles of crash||-160||-63%|
Divide the total rating points by 255 to get the percent rating. The maximum possible rating is 100%. Advertising campaigns give an instant, temporary boost to ratings of nearby stations. The boost will gradually fall down to the calculated rating.
Every 2.5 days station ratings are computed; ratings can't change by more than 2 points per cycle.
Cargo delivery to stations
During each cycle of 2.5 days for each cargo type of the delivering industry a maximum of 2 stations can get cargo assigned. If there are more than 2 possible stations with the same maximum rating value for the current cargo type then it depends on internal ordering of the stations which ones get the cargo.
If there's only one possible station then the delivered amount is: produced_amount * station_rating_in_percent, rounded up to the next integer value.
For two possible stations the calculation is more complex. First the rating in points of station 2 is divided by 2 for the further local calculations. The amount available to station 1 is calculated as follows: (station_rating_in_points1 * (amount + 1)) / (station_rating_in_points1 + station_rating_in_points2); for similar ratings this is about 2/3 of the production, it increases for larger differences. The result is subject to the same calculation as in the single station case. This is delivered to station 1. If station 1 doesn't get the full amount available to it then that part won't be transported at all. The remaining amount of the production, if any, is subject to the same calculation as in the single station case and delivered to station 2.
Ratings limit some player actions; they start at +500 and can change based on some actions.
Currently you can exploit the game by clearing ~200 trees and then replanting them. This sets the rating to -1000 (the minimum), and then raises it to 220.
* "Required rating" is listed for the settings Permissive / Neutral / Hostile of
Each month players' ratings automatically change:
- Rating goes up by 5 if it is less than 200.
- Rating goes up by 12 for each station that has transferred cargo in the last 50 days.
- Rating goes down by 15 for each station that has not transferred cargo in the last 50 days.
A player has a rating of -300, (Very Poor), 2 active stations and 1 unactive station at a town.
5pts + 2 * 12pts - 15pts = 14pts points gain per month.
(-200 - -300)pts / 14pts/mo = 8 months before the town will let him build another station.
Code for town ratings is in town.h, town_cmd.c, tree_cmd.c, and road_cmd.c.
Here is how the game determines how much cargo an industry produces per month. This table lists possible starting productions governed by the smooth economy patch. Production is a multiple of 8 or 9 (sometimes 10 with forests).
|Raw Material Industry||Produced Cargo||Initial production range|
|Coal Mine||Coal||56 to 176|
|Forest||Wood||48 to 152|
|Oil Rig||Oil||56 to 176|
|Farm||Grain and Livestock||40 to 112|
|Copper Mine||Copper Ore||56 to 112|
|Oil Well||Oil||48 to 152|
|Iron Mine||Iron Ore||40 to 112|
|Bank||Valuables||24 to 64|
|Gold Mine||Gold||24 to 80|
|Diamond Mine||Diamonds||24 to 80|
|Fruit Plantation||Fruit||40 to 112|
|Rubber Plantation||Rubber||40 to 112|
|Water Supply||Water||48 to 152|
|Farm||Maize||40 to 128|
|Lumber Mill||Wood||180 or 225 (if trees available)|
|Cotton Candy Forest||Cotton Candy||48 to 152|
|Battery Farm||Batteries||40 to 128|
|Cola Wells||Cola||48 to 136|
|Plastic Fountain||Plastic||56 to 160|
|Bubble Generator||Bubbles||48 to 152|
|Toffee Quarry||Toffee||40 to 112|
|Sugar Mine||Sugar||40 to 128|
Each month the game randomly changes some industry productions.
Default / TTD-like Economy Rules
For 256x256 tile maps there is one change per month possible (only 1 industry changes). Number scales nicely with map size since the introduction of "Daily production changes" function in trunk (r14332).
- As with smooth economy, industries deliver cargo to the stations 8, 9 or 10 (high production forests only - more than 400t) times per month.
However - productions are limited to 6 production levels: lowest, lower, normal (with a new game started or a new industry built), higher, 2x higher and the highest. Production changes between these levels are either a 50% decrease (half) or a 100% increase (double).
- A Coal Mine: lowest (32 or 40 t per month), lower (64 or 72), normal (120 or 135), higher (240 or 270), 2x higher (480 or 540) and the highest (960 or 1080).
- A Forest: lowest (32 or 64 t per month), lower (35 or 70), normal ( 78 or 117), higher (208 or 260), 2x higher (416 or 468 or 520 (= 10x multiplier)) and the highest (832 or 936 or 1040).
- A Gold Mine: lowest (12 or 18 bags/month), lower (32 or 40), normal ( 56 or 63), higher (112 or 126), 2x higher (224 or 252) and the highest (448 or 504).
To make things simple, let's look what are the chances for 256x256 maps (max. 1 change per month = max. 1 industry per month changes production):
- The chance for a production change each month is:
- 50% for only_decrease industry to decrease (currently only Temperate terrain Oil Wells) or
- 50% for 1/3 chance (=16.7%) that other industry (non only_decrease) changes production.
- If a production change does occur (~16.7% chance per month):
- For an industry that has poor or no service (less than 60% of its cargo is transported): 33% chance of increase, 67% chance of decrease.
- For an industry that has good (greater than 60%) service: 67% chance of increase, 33% chance of decrease.
- There is no bonus for excellent service with default economy.
- To calculate the chance for a particular change, i.e. 50% * 1/3 * 33% = 5.56%:
- Poor service: 5.56% that 1 possible change per month is an increase and 11.12% that 1 possible change per month is a decrease.
- Good service: 11.12% that 1 possible change per month is an increase and 5.56% that 1 possible change per month is a decrease.
Smooth Economy Rules
- The chance for a production change each month is 4.5%, i.e. 4.5% of producing industries from industry list change production.
- If a production change does occur:
- For an industry that has poor or no service (less than 60% of its cargo is transported): 33% chance of increase, 67% chance of decrease
- For an industry that has good (greater than 60%) service: 67% chance of increase, 33% chance of decrease
- For an industry that has excellent (greater than 80%) service: 83% chance of increase, 17% chance of decrease
- These two are multiplied together, i.e. 4.5% * 33% = 1.5%:
- Poor service: 1.5% to increase and 3.0% to decrease
- Good service: 3.0% to increase and 1.5% to decrease
- Excellent service: 3.75% to increase and 0.75% to decrease
- With the smooth economy option enabled, production changes per month are between 3 and 23%
- Industries with with very low productions, (ie. 12-40 tonnes per month) will have higher changes.
- Primary industries produce cargo 8 or 9 times (10 times possible for forests) a month. Monthly production is an industries 'base value' multiplied times 8 or 9 (or 10 for higher productions forests). For example, the base value for a coal mine is 15 tons, so the monthly production is 120 or 135 tons. This base value is capped at 255, so the maximum possible monthly production for any industry is 2040 or 2295 (or 2550 - again - forest).Ref
If a coal mine has 70% of its output transported, there is a 3% chance (4.5% * 67%) of a production increase from 3-23% and a 1.5% chance (4.5% * 33%) of a production decrease from 3-23% (but 13% on average).
(1 + (0.03 - 0.015) * 0.13) ^12 - 1 = 0.0237 or 2.37%
The coal mine will grow an average of 2.37% after the first year
(1.0237 ^20) - 1 = 59.6% after twenty years
(1.0237 ^50) - 1 = 321.8% or 3.22x after fifty years
(1.0237 ^100) - 1 = 10.35x after one hundred years
For an industry with rating of more than 80%, there is a 3.75% chance of increase and 0.75% chance of decrease:
(1 + (.0375 - 0.0075) * .13) ^12 - 1 = 0.0478 or 4.78%
The industry will grow approximately 4.78% after first year
(1.0478 ^20) - 1 = 2.54x after twenty years
(1.0478 ^50) - 1 = 10.32x after fifty years
(1.0478 ^100) - 1 = 106.62x after one hundred years
For good service, it takes 29.6 years on average to double; with excellent service, it takes 14.8 years. If in the game's time a day is 2.36 seconds, then the doubling time with good service is 7.1 hours; with excellent service, the doubling time is 3.6 hours. For production to go from near bottom of 100 to near maximum of 2100 takes 130 years with good service and 65 years with excellent service.
However, in game you will find industries changing their production rate very randomly. It must be stressed the above examples are only true when observing many industries over the long-term; individual industries may greatly deviate from these averages. Statistically speaking, 6 out of 10 industries will not go from 100 to 2100 even with the best service during 65 years. About 1 out of 9 industries will even lower their production when being served at 60-80% cargo transported for 50 years.
For more responsiveness from industries, adapt the number of wagons to industry production (for the lowest production, you should use two wagons). [Full Load] orders are usually used for such cargo trains.
Note: The exact formula can be seen under "ChangeIndustryProduction()" in industry_cmd.cpp.
Delivery payment rates
The amount you get paid for delivering cargo is based on 4 factors: the amount of cargo you deliver, the value of the cargo, the distance you deliver it, and how on-time you deliver it.
|Initial cargo |
Initial cargo payment values are for delivering 100 pieces of cargo 1 tile. Payment goes up with inflation as the game progresses.
Late delivery penalties:
- For each day after the Early Delivery time that you deliver the cargo, you are penalized 0.4%.
- For each day after the Late Delivery time that you deliver the cargo, you are penalized an additional 0.4%.
- Maximum penalty is 88%.
Examples (no inflation):
Deliver 200,000 liters of oil 20 squares in 10 days:
2 * £54 * 20 squares * 100% = £2160
Deliver 100 bags of mail 100 squares in 100 days:
£55 * 100 squares * (1 - 80*0.004 - 10*0.004) = £3520
- The exact formula is much more complicated and slightly more accurate, due to rounding error when converting from larger discrete values. See economy.cpp (GetTransportedGoodsIncome) and Cargo income.
- Distance is measured between the name-labeled tiles of the stations, not from the industries or by vehicle distance traveled. It is computed by adding the differences in x and y tiles, not straight-line distance.
The game has many rules to make vehicles move fairly realistically. A vehicle travelling at 100 mph (160kph) will cross 5.6 tiles per day.
This means that for vehicle speed purposes, a tile is 429 miles (686km) on a side!
- By default aircraft fly at a quarter of their listed speed (this can be changed in advanced settings).
- Aircraft accelerate at about 200 km/h/day. It varies per aircraft.
- Broken down planes fly at 345 km/h.
- Airport taxi speed is 154 km/h.
- Road vehicles accelerate at 37 km/h/day.
- Road vehicles go around corners at half their max speed
- Road vehicles accelerate an additional 74 km/h/day downhill.
- When going uphill, road vehicles slow down 10% 4 times per tile. This balances out with acceleration at 34 km/h for all road vehicles.
(Note: This does not apply when using the improved road vehicle acceleration model.)
- Ships accelerate at 37km/h/day.
- A "stopped" ship resumes its last speed instantly.
(with the realistic train acceleration patch)
- Trains are not affected going up or down hills if they are powerful enough.
- Trains are limited to entering and exiting a depot at 61km/h.
- Trains can make one 45° turn without slowing down.
- When making two or more 45° turns in the same direction, the max speed is limited as follows:
- Train acceleration and max speed are affected by engine power, current speed, total train mass, and track incline.
- Non-Maglev train acceleration = 37 *(0.55 * Power / Speed - 1.3 * Mass + 60 * #cars + 0.0035 * Mass * Speed + 0.24 * Speed^2 - 60 * Mass of cars on uphill slope + 60 * Mass of cars on downhill slope) / Mass (km/h/day)
- Maglev train Acceleration = 37 * (0.022 * Power - 0.24 * Speed^2 - 60 * Mass of cars on uphill slope + 60 * Mass of cars on downhill slope) / Mass (km/h/day)
- Braking is twice acceleration except when entering a depot or a station.
- Speed limits only apply when all of the turns occur within the length of the train:
See aircraft_cmd.c, roadveh_cmd.c, ship_cmd.c, train_cmd.c, vechicle.c for code.