Revision as of 09:49, 13 July 2011 by adf88
Checklist for patches
- Stability – keep it stable
- No known bugs
- No known network desyncs
- Checked by other people
- Checked in full length game
- Complexity – keep it simple, straightforward, and easy to understand
- Only one new feature per patch
- Complex algorithms and tricks explained in comments
- No unnecessary tricks
- Adequately commented
- Only change lang/english.txt, no other language files
- Attitude – please be nice to the devs!
- Remember, it was originally in ASM, changed to C, then changed to C++. There is a lot of work to be done with the language changes.
- Remember this is 100% volunteer work. The devs do this in their free time.
- Style – please stick with the coding style rules!
- Strings only in english.txt
- Enumerations / static consts
- Control flow
- Other rules
- Other tips