- Can handle a large number of trains at a time.
- Traffic jams are unlikely.
- Main line is level and straight.
- Trains don't have to loop around like they do in a half cloverleaf.
- Trains must slow down to climb a slope.
- Trains must turn right to turn left. Trains might get lost if Waypoints are not used.
- Costs a lot and requires a moderate amount of space to build.
- It's best you make it so your longest train can fit completely into one of the turning tracks without blocking the main line behind it.