OpenTTD does not have an in-game Tutorial itself, but there exists a Game Script called Beginner Tutorial in Online Content which provides an interactive tutorial. Note that to run Game Scripts, you need at least OpenTTD 1.2.0.
- Trucks and industry chains
- Buses and town growth
- Rail (incomplete)
How to get and start the Tutorial
1. Click on play scenario (in the main menu)
2. Click on check online content button (lower left)
3. Download the "beginner tutorial". You can use the filter if you want to limit the list of content
4. Close the download window
6. Select the "beginner tutorial" in the Load Scenario window.
7. If you get a red text about missing files, click on the "find missing content online" button and download a NewGRF file required by the tutorial.
8. Click on "Load"
7. Follow the in-game tutorial :-)
A previous attempt to create a in-game tutorial was TutorialAI that used the AI framework. This AI shows step by step instructions on how to eg. build a bus connection.
This tutorial works also with OpenTTD 1.1.x.