OpenTTD talk:Manual of Style
Could we get an official word on what language the wiki should be in, British English or American english? This makes a big difference when it comes to words with -or/-our, truck/lorry, etc. and will save lots of changes where pages are renamed and then renamed back. Seeing as English (UK) is, I believe, the default in OpenTTD, is this also the default when it comes to the wiki?
Makes sense. Also British/Commonwealth English is used globally in said Commonwealth. Born Acorn 14:41, 19 July 2006 (CEST)
Purpose of article?
Shouldn't this article contain just instructions specific to the OpenTTD wiki? Wikimedia already has a good wiki tutorial; there is no need to write another. Can we replace this article with useful items such as the one discussed above (UK vs US English)? Zojj 23:01, 24 April 2007 (CEST)
OTTD Wiki ambiguities
I'm thinking about redoing this page with info specific to this wiki at the top. Here is what I think should be on this page. Feel free to edit this list. Please use <s></s> tags instead of deleting something. Zojj 02:11, 22 May 2007 (CEST)
Things that need attention:
- plural / non plural article titles
- When to capitalize article title
- non-english pages - I've been using "Translation:XXXX (country code)"
- use of namespaces - (Main), Manual, Development, OpenTTD, etc; See my OpenTTD_talk:Village_Pump post.
- image filename naming guidelines?
- test pages - username/(mytestpagename)?
- game version - what pages are 100% latest release, when is it ok to talk about trunk features, etc.
- nbglish spelling - british, us, either but stay consistent on a page, whatever?
- measurement units - metric (us), pounds (dollars)?
- what is the official rule on suggestions? Right now it is "No, unless enough people say yes." =)
- template creation guidelines
- What pages are ok for discussion?
- define Minor edit
- summary rules