Talk:GUI (New Graphics)
- surely the ones listed as work in progress are finished?--LordAro 11:17, 12 February 2010 (UTC)
- You're right LordAro, several sprites still had the status WIP, but were available in a tar already for a long time, so I updated the status GeekToo 12:14, 14 February 2010 (UTC)
Suggestions for Icons
Following the previous Discussion on the subject:
- i too fell that some of those icons are to vague and do not represent the "spirit" of OpenTTD
also fell that some of the Icons lack sharpness to them --mor 07:47, 14 February 2010 (UTC)
Suggestions for Icons
I think the new Finance-Icon should look a bit more intuitive. I wouldn't have guessed what it's meaning is by just looking at the icon (of course now that I know, it kinda makes sense). Maybe you should instead use something that looks like stacked paper-money or similar. Darkstar 11:42, 17 July 2006 (CEST)
- Wad of money was suggested and it will probably be choosen as the best option.
Also, please mark who you are --MeusH 14:58, 4 Feb 2006 (CET)
Some Icons TOO VAGUE
I am talking specifically about the Airport Icon and the Town directory icon. For the aiport icon, an airport tower was already an easily identifiable icon, but this new one looks too much like a road, and is way to vague at what it is. The windsock is not very helpful either, changing this to something more recognisable would make it able to remove the traffic light from the road icon too
The same with the Town directory icon. It also looks related to roads. A better icon would be a picture of a cityscape silhoette. 18.104.22.168 21:23, 19 Feb 2006 (CET)
- I completely agree. --22.214.171.124 13:22, 25 April 2006 (CEST)
- - yes, I agree you should reedit especially these icons: Stations, Finance, Company Info (bub 27 April 2006)
i'd also like an improved Subsidies icon, but i have no idea, so i'm not really suggesting it needs changing. -- Jokes Free4Me 09:14, 27 June 2007 (CEST)
Aiport Icon not pretty.
An airport terminal icon like the current one would be better, and more distinguishable. Having traffic lights over roads implies you can build traffic lights over roads. --126.96.36.199 25 April 2006
I get these suggestions for changes:
- Town Directory - city silhouette
- Finance - maybe an open vault with stacks of paper money?
- Company Info
- Airport - tower with small aircraft fly-by?
Have i forgotten anything? -- Jokes Free4Me 09:14, 27 June 2007 (CEST)
All those links! It's horribly table breaking. Can't all these icons be inlined into the page? Same goes for all other graphics which are still links. It sure would tidy it up.
188.8.131.52 10:20, 4 May 2007 (CEST)
- Done. o:-) -- Jokes Free4Me 09:14, 27 June 2007 (CEST)
Should the WIP mark be changed to completed/done? -- Jokes Free4Me 09:14, 27 June 2007 (CEST)
Underground icon for stations
File:Underground.png The London Underground roundel is a registered trademark of Transport for London. They enforce this very rigorously, to the point of even asking tube enthusiasts to remove the logo from their pages. You won't be able to use that in any replacement graphics. Also, it doesn't really represent the idea of "stations" to most people outside London (especially those that may not be aware that the roundel is used for station nameboards on some lines, replacing the word Underground  ). —The preceding comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs).
Subsidies and ships
This icon doesn't seem to suggest transport subsidies in any way whatsoever. Even in the presence of a manual, the icons should be intuitive to the point where users can take a good guess as to what a button does based on its appearance.
Since the new buttons are less clearly defined than the originals, it's not immediately obvious that this is supposed to be a ship. Perhaps a ship can be shown in the same aspect as the train and road vehicle icons? —The preceding comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs).