Talk:List of player-made scenarios
- This discussion page is for the scenarios project in general. To discuss the scenario template, see Template Talk:Scenario.
For the page where the links to scenarios will be e.g. Scenarios by Size 64x64 at the top this text should be used: "Below is a list of scenarios that you can use or add to. For instructions on how to add to the list please see [[Player Made Scenarios]]. This is a list of scenarios that are/have [page specific]." —The preceding comment was added by T-Unit (talk • contribs).
- Have we agreed on a set paragraph to put at the top of pages yet though? JameiLei 21:52, 7 February 2007 (CET)
- There hasnt been a good discussion. As a temporary measure i have posted my idea on each page. I am not 100% happy with it though and it could be improved. If anyone has any other ideas please feel free to post here. —The preceding T-Unit (talk • contribs). comment was added by
Yep, sorry i had not already created my account. The idea is a user friendly and efficient way to look for scenarios could be a browsing engine, allowing multiple requests. But i do not know if it is possible to implement it. Buddho 17:14, 16 February 2007 (CET)
Scenario Team Idea Factory ;-)
This part of the page should be a central place for discussion about mostly general topics related to the project especially about new features, the scenario template, the structure and so on.
To get the discussion started I'll begin ;-)
The last days I had some ideas how things could be improved or which could be added:
- Scenario template enhancements:
- - new items/optional subpages for "Detailed description" (maybe also including some informations about game/difficulty settings etc.), "Recommend NewGRFs", ...
- I wonder how we could get more people to publish their scenarios, one way could be to ask for permission to upload in the scenario thread at the forums.
- What would be imho also good is a feedback system, maybe asking some general question. Having such a system would help contributers to make better scenarios.
- What about a site/system where people could make suggestions/'demands' what scenarios they want.
- ... --Sleepie 21:49, 23 February 2007 (CET)
Hmm, I wonder if we should change the table layout of the scenario template and arrange the scenarios one below the other. I think most people prefer scrolling only in vertical direction, but not horizontal like it is now necessary for an example here: Hilly. What do you think? --Sleepie 21:49, 23 February 2007 (CET)
- 3 scenarios side by side is what I was thinking when I started doing tables in the scenario listings. Is three too much then? Jupix 22:03, 23 February 2007 (CET)
- Here at home I'm sitting in front of a 17" monitor with 1024x768 and have to scroll. Well, I have no clue about the actually standard resolution most people will have, so I'm not sure whether we should change this or not. --Sleepie 00:43, 24 February 2007 (CET)
Jupix and I recently had some discussion behind the scenes how things could be improved for easier maintenance. These improvements don't change the look of the category pages itself, only the code have to be changed. As an addition every scenario will get it's own page and will be only included in the appropriate categories. I have done it actually as an example here: Scenarios by Quantity of Industries - Low.
Converting the whole bunch of maps is actually paused until some left things are sorted out. --Sleepie 21:31, 29 March 2007 (CEST)
I just updated the scenarios list index with a new, mainpagey table layout. It's got icons for the different lists and I'm not much of an artist, so if someone (*cough*Mintra*cough*) can be bothered to draw some better ones, that'd be great. Jupix 20:07, 30 October 2007 (CET)
- Hehe - will do if I get a moment. Most of your existing ones aren't too bad actually so it'll just be a bit of tidying up :) Mintra 20:18, 30 October 2007 (CET)
- Nice new layout, looks really good. I think too that your icons aren't bad, well the industry one doesn't really fit compared to the others. So Mintra, come on... ;-) Sleepie 20:24, 30 October 2007 (CET)
- And there you have it. The complete set :-) after numerous tweaks meaning there's about 3 revisions of each image. Only one I'm not sure about is the "real world" one, whether or not the globe should be in the foreground - shouldn't be theoretically but it looks kind of wrong. Mintra 22:53, 30 October 2007 (CET)
- Those look great, kudos. Hmm, I see what you mean with "real world" one, maybe try it with some transparency. Sleepie 22:59, 30 October 2007 (CET)
- Yeah, they look absolutely awesome. Thanks Mintra. I don't really see any problem with the real world icon, maybe it's an artist thing. :p Jupix 23:22, 30 October 2007 (CET)
- I just played a bit with the new style at Scenario by Difficulty, what do you think? Sleepie 23:52, 30 October 2007 (CET)
- That brightens it up a bit. The "difficulties categories" heading probably isn't necessary - you could drop that to cut down on the work if you end up doing them all. Mintra 00:00, 31 October 2007 (CET)