- Comments and corrections welcome
Not helpful for OS X
The article says: open another folder with the same name: data. well this is impossible, or I'm missing a point. Any help for an OS X user w/ managing .grf's?
- Presumably in OSX you can go into the OpenTTD app's package contents by right-clicking its icon (or control-clicking), this is how I add the original GRF data to my OpenTTD on OS X. 184.108.40.206 00:03, 9 November 2007 (CET)
Should this article include how to install 32pp Graphics??
- No 32bpp graphics are not NewGRFs. Feel free to add a separate 32bpp FAQ though; there are plenty of items you can think of to warrant a separate section. --FooBar 18:00, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
Will the use of entirely new, contributed GRFs enable play without the original TTD files (assuming no use of audio assets), or is the GRF format itself binding? 220.127.116.11 00:03, 9 November 2007 (CET)
- Although this is a very old question, there's no reason to leave it unanswered in case somebody is reading this.
- While the GRF format itself is binding, it is since August 2008 possible to create Base graphics sets that replace the TTD graphics entirely. Similarly, OpenTTD has possibilities to load alternative Base sounds and Base music sets to replace the TTD sample.cat and *.gm-files respectively. --FooBar 18:07, 25 July 2011 (UTC)