Would it be possible to clarify that last point about the canals? It is hard to understand the way it is written there (actually i am not sure it is true either, at least the way i understand it).
Try to make sure that any inner-city road vehicle stations are within a loop of road. A road vehicle station can only take two vehicles at a time... any more and they will try to "go around the block" and come back to the station. If your station is inside a loop of road then they can circle the town and return when the station is clear. If not, they might wander off miles out of their way!
- -what about the new cue system?
Be careful how you serve some of your stations. Although putting everything you can get (buses, trains, planes, ships) into one station means that you can handle a large amount of passengers or goods traffic, make sure that you are careful not to take the goodies away from that money-generating long route that's been keeping you going. Sometimes, a few buses can empty a station so that a train can take forever to build up a full load. -- isn't this handled by CargoDist, which is now mainline?
Distance matters. The further you take cargo, the more money you can make per trip. But beware... the more likely you are to be stiffed out by the competition who are running back and forth and grabbing your precious cargo before you can return.
- -By recommending that people take their Cargo far you also recommend that they travel a lot of days which decreases the amount of money they get for one (1) delivered unit of Cargo. You might want to extend this section.
- Wrong, the graphs are based on travelling each set of 20 squares in 5 or more days, it multiplys out with distance.
In the original TTD, there was this CHEAT that was "creating a VERY expensive tunnel at the beginning of the game, instead of paying for the tunnel you would pocket that money" .. any cheat like this available?
- It's not a cheat, it's a bug and it got fixed. --Akral 12:44, 3 September 2006 (CEST)
- And... Try to press CTRL+ALT+C 184.108.40.206 19:26, 3 September 2006 (CEST)
Tip I learned
I learned this tip about being able to set a depot as a destination and mabey it should be added. Never know about it untill I read it on this page:
maybe it should be added I've been looking for tips for just about... forever and I just found it. I tried it. it works.
maybe the tip could have something about like using it as mandatory servicing for the vehicle (I use it that way.)
- I have added it to the manual proper under Orders but it might be good to have as a tip too. Mintra 22:05, 27 October 2007 (CEST)
The last tip says:
- If you are upgrading your trains - for example from electric to monorail - and you are using the "Replace Train" tool, don't forget to replace the wagons to the upgraded (monorail) type too, because the engines won't be replaced until the wagons are.
but quoting the "Replace Train" article:
Naturally it is not possible to upgrade between different types of train because the train would need to be able to enter a depot and leave as a new type.
220.127.116.11 08:31, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
- I removed the tip as it stated using autoreplace for changing between different railtypes is not possible. Yexo 12:31, 10 September 2008 (UTC)