- User:Xiong/Steam Age
- User:Xiong/Catchment areas of disjoint stations
- User:Xiong/mit Multiple image template
- Cargo Pickup and Station Rating
Applies to early-20th, small FIRS/NARS maps. Probably depends also on several NewGRFs and other settings.
- Max train length: 6 tiles.
- PBS signals, spacing: 4.
- 6 tile train wants min 7 spacing + 1 for splits.
- Double freq signals error-tolerant
- 4 tile serves early trains better
- Double track lines, 3 tile wide.
- Center line gap or bi-dir.
- Line Depots middle of bi-dir sections.
- Expand overloaded lines? 5 wide, 2x2?
- Consider separate pax/freight lines.
- 3-track through stations; modular.
- Forced depot on entry.
- Optional exit depot.
- Allow recirculation.
- Larger stations assembled from modules.
- One station serves one industry/town.
- Simple junctions when possible.
- Favor 3-way jcts.
- Reserve additional space for expansion.
- Depots on jct entry?
- Signal inside jct?