Great work on Game Mechanics
Just wanted to voice my appreciation for what you're doing on the Game Mechanics page.. it's good to know that the information there has now been checked against what is actually happening in the code. Thank you, and keep up the good work.. looking forward to seeing your patches!
Kander 20:22, 28 April 2007 (CEST)
- Cool, glad you find it useful. I'm looking forward too =) Zojj 06:33, 29 April 2007 (CEST)
Hi Zojj, I've seen all the work you've been doing recently, wow! However, can you please keep categories beneath the content instead of above, as that is the standard on this wiki, the same as Wikipedia. Born Acorn 01:25, 15 May 2007 (CEST)
- Will do. Nice job adding the rule. =) Zojj 01:39, 15 May 2007 (CEST)
What do you think of VehicleTable?
- Of course it is useful, if it is used somewhere. =) If you think it would make the trains table better, make the switch. Zojj 10:00, 20 May 2007 (CEST)
- I just noticed why you are confused =) In candyland, the road vehicles and the train wagons that carry batteries are both called Battery Trucks. I think this wiki needs better rules on plural articles too. hmm Zojj 22:22, 21 May 2007 (CEST)
I think the tutorial sections need a lot of expanding. The starting page links to "Getting Started" which does in turn link to so many places if I wanted to learn to play the game it would be pretty much "WTF?? RTFM!!1!!~!" What I think, "Getting started" should be seriously expanded, more organaised with a lot of links to detailed tutorials. The page should tell you everything you need to start up, yet provide enough links with detailed information so that you don't have any hanging questions - no searching or head banging. -- H3llkn0wz 19:43, 25 May 2007 (CEST)
- You are right. Feel free to discuss this on those pages (Talk:Getting Started, Talk:Tutorial, or maybe OpenTTD_Talk:Village_Pump). Zojj 19:54, 25 May 2007 (CEST)
About reorg. Well, I think all tutorials should be under Template:Tutorial. I'll reorganise it when there are enough tutorials.
What I want to do is get someone to reorganise / rethink access to these tutorials. Like a link from the main page to the tutorial section, which is then a sort of big menu for walkthroughs - say, quick start, detailed start, detailed walkthroughs, etc..
Problem right now:
- Main wiki page does a good job redirecting to Getting Started but not so good by redirecting to Newbies aka Tutorial which is ... well, i would say an unnecessary page.
("Get Started if you are new, or check out the guide for newbies.")
Hmm, I suggets combining Getting Started page and Tutorial main page, since it is basically the same page. And THEN it should be seriously expanded, nice menu added, links added (suppose I could do that).
What I am thinking is that a new user entering the site should go like "OpenTTD.org -> Manual (wiki) -> Tutorial" and on to whatever with little trouble. I think I am more or less familiar with this site - BUT I still have trouble finding things :)
- Yup. Lets get everything fixed before we bug the admins. Take a look at how other people have made those changes. Zojj 22:55, 26 May 2007 (CEST)
- Other people have made these changes? I'm not sure what you're talking about ;) But I'll get on with this and then bug the admins... -- H3llkn0wz 11:22, 27 May 2007 (CEST)
Misc. contact events
Dear Zojj, Could you please, explain me why did you move the page "WebTranslator2:Translation_workflow"? There _is_ a namespace called WebTranslator2, so I don't really understand your reasons... Could you please revert your changes? Thanks in advance --Mihamix 16:57, 1 July 2007 (CEST)
- Reverted. I had moved all articles from the Development:,Manual:, and WebTranslator2: to the (main) namespace because those namespaces don't seem to be set up correctly. I posted about this a while ago here OpenTTD_talk:Village_Pump#Broken_wiki_links and here User_talk:Born_Acorn. In the case of WebTranslator2:Translation_workflow, the discussion page is Translation:Translation_workflow, instead of WebTranslator2_talk:Translation_workflow. I have (mistakenly?) been using the Translation: namespace for non-english pages. Zojj 18:40, 1 July 2007 (CEST)
- Why should Webtranslator2 get its own namespace? I fail to see any point. Bruce98 22:42, 1 July 2007 (CEST)
Categories vs Articles
I'm inclined to agree with you about the Industries/Cargo articles in hindsight. I was after a kind of "sub-articles" effect which maybe MediaWiki doesn't really have at this point. Mind you, I still do want to lose those horrible tables on the Cargo and Industries pages in favour of letting the individual articles speak for themselves. There were a couple of other changes I made to those pages after I moved them to the Category pages that might be nice to restore to the reverted version, but I'll let you do that if you have time. Mintra 19:12, 8 October 2007 (CEST)
requests for deletion
Hello. I saw you added requests for deletion templates to "Miscellaneous suggestions/*" pages, saying that forum is the right place for suggestions. However, these suggestions have been written long time ago, their authors are possibly away from OpenTTD developement. Futhermore, some of them are in good quality. Deleting them would disrespect their authors' time and effort. I think these suggestions stay here. What are the other's opinions? MeusH 12:48, 27 November 2007 (CET)
- I see your point, but I still think all suggestions should go. I can think of 2 workarounds: Copy all the text to posts in the suggestions forum where they should be (bleh), or move them to some kind of abandoned development articles, not suggestions. Zojj 09:51, 28 November 2007 (CET)