Development began in April 2016, with the goal to finally use all the vehicles created for various real-world liveried train sets over the years, into a fully coded set which could build and grow over time.
The set draws artwork for numerous different artists from the tt-forums community, yet all drawn to the same scale.
- A Full Array of British Rail Classes (and sub-classes) covering the history of British Railways
- Real-World Liveries for each Class, Refittable at the Player's Choice.
- Algorithm driven Purchase and Running Costs to ensure that all trains are competitive.
- Vast Collection of Rolling Stock covering all standard TTD cargo classes. Later to include ECS/FIRS/etc.
- 26/05/17 - 0.3.5
- Feature: BR Class 220 'Voyager' and 221 'Super Voyager'
- 26/05/17 - 0.3.4
- Fix: Corrected Wrongly Animated Colours
- Feature: BR Class 222 'Meridian' and 222/1 'Pioneer'
|Running Sounds||The following options are available:|
Disabled - No Running Sounds Active.
|Max Speed||The following options are available:|
Service Speed - Maximum Speeds Used In Real-Life Service
|Complexity||The following options are available:|
All Trains - Includes all Classes and Sub-Classes
Download and Discussion
Download the GRF from Bananas, the OpenTTD in-game content system. You can discuss the grf on the forum thread.
Features and Vehicles
A complete list of vehicles and features in BRTrains
All trains included in BRTrains, in the default order shown on the purchase list
|Train Class/Name||Release date||Capacity||Max Speed (mph)|
|GNR Gresley A1||1922||N/A||108|
|LNWR Gresley A3||1928||N/A||108|
|Class 08 'Gronk'||1952||N/A||20|
|Class 66 'Shed'||1998||N/A||75|
|Class 67 'Skip'||1999||N/A||125|
|Class 68 'Warskip'||2013||N/A||100|
|Class 70 'Powerhaul'||2008||N/A||75|
|Class 91 'Intercity 225'||1989||N/A||125|
|Class 150/0 'Sprinter'||1984||231 Passengers||75|
|Class 150/1 'Sprinter'||1985||147 Passengers||75|
|Class 150/2 'Sprinter'||1986||147 Passengers||75|