In this tutorial, you can learn how to build and delete roads for vehicles (busses or trucks) to load and unload passangers or cargos.
How do I lay roads?
First of all, you must open the Road construction toolbar - click the Road construction button on the menu bar:
There are two ways you can lay roads:
- Using 2 directioned road section buttons.
- Using Autoroad tool.
Building selected direction sections
- Move the cursor over the tile you want to start your road on.
- Drag the cursor to where you want your road to end.
- Release the mouse button and your new road will appear.
- Note that this works with half-tile precision. If you e.g. click in the right half of a tile and then drag to the right the road will start with a half tile. The same applies for the end tile.
To remove the roads, select the Remove tool . The white square will change to a red square. Now you can simply click & drag along the existing road sections to remove them. Click the tool button again to deselect it. You can also use the R key shortcut.
Using Autoroad tool
- You can placing horizontal/vertical road sections (along squares). Put your cursor over any square and click & drag along the squares.
You can click in a square and move your mouse in different directions to see how new roads would be placed.
- Release your mouse cursor and you will have built a straight section of roads.
- Placing diagonal roads is not posible.
- Autoroad tool works fine with hilly terrain, showing you how roads will be placed on a non-uniform landscape.
- The easy way to remove roads is to hold down the CTRL key.
- To remove a section of roads, hold CTRL and click & drag along existing road section. Just as you would when building roads.
- Release the mouse and the roads will be sold.
- The second way is to select the Remove tool ( ). The white squares will change to red squares. Now you can simply click & drag along the existing roads to remove them. Click the tool button again to deselect it. You can also use the R key shortcut.