The Spaghetti Junction is a step up from the Cloverleaf. It is more complicated and expensive, but smaller and with more exits before merges.
Spaghetti junction (simple)
Broken down trains only affect left hand turns in one axis.
|Split Before Merge||No|
- Handle a large number of trains at a time.
- Functions as a U in 2 of the 4 primary directions.
- Takes up a large amount of space.
- Trains merge before they split in one axis.
- Make it so your longest train can fit completely into one of the turning tracks without blocking the main line behind it.
- Area: 16 x 16
Spaghetti Junction (advanced)
Spaghetti Junction (compact)
Spaghetti Junction with direct West to East underpass