Welcome to my Talk page. If you have any comments or queries just drop them here. But be patient respond may take some time ;-)
How's your scenario coming along? :) Jupix 16:38, 18 February 2007 (CET)
- I wrote you a pm tonight at the forums, that explains why it's not here already. So sub-arctic I working on was made to feature a #coop-style network, so I'm changing many things to make it fit better to common game style, but this is more work as I early expected. The temperate map (which is finished) I have, doesn't load in RC 5 (as I said in my PM), I can add it if wanted, but it could be only played with a nightly build version. So I don't know whether I should do it, because when I remember right it is common sense to only publish RC 5 compatible once... --Sleepie 23:11, 18 February 2007 (CET)
Sleepie, just wanted to let you know I'm amazed by the amount of effort you (and the others.. but your name pops up a lot, it seems!) are putting into organising the whole scenario's scene for OpenTTD. Kudos to you! I was wondering though - has it been considered moving the whole scenarios thing to its own namespace within the wiki? That would make searching a bit easier, and it would give a clear, consistent indication that a page is in fact a scenario, or has strong ties to the scenarios project.
Kander 00:53, 5 April 2007 (CEST)
- Thanks for the laud :) The others, especially Jupix, T-Unit and JameiLei have also done very very much as they have build the initial structure and still contributing to the project (Here is a link to the announcement at tt-forums). Me and Jupix have considered the idea to moving the whole stuff to its own namespace for the reasons you mentioned. We haven't requested that by one of the sysops so far, but of course it would be really useful. So if one of the sysops could be bothered to create a Scenario namespace for us and also could support us by moving the pages it will be very much appreciated :-)
- Sleepie 01:50, 5 April 2007 (CEST)
It's time you receive a barnstar for your tireless efforts on the scenarios database! Just wanted to say, thanks for keeping the project alive. Jupix 19:58, 28 April 2007 (CEST)
- Sleepie, I just wanted to second Jupix' Barnstar.. If there is one member of the Scenario's Project who has definitely deserved one, it is you. Most impressive! Kander 20:18, 28 April 2007 (CEST)
- Wow, thanks. To receive such a honor makes me, well speechless, thank you. We're still at the beginning of the scenario database imho, but the initial work is done by ALL who have contributed so far. My current goal is to have 100 maps in the database (if we have reached that a new goal will be set up ;-). At the moment we have 21 so the first quarter is almost done. Ideally we will then have at least one map for every size and climate combination. My next item on the todo list is to add all missing maps that are released with OpenTTD releases so far, as they are released under the same license there shouldn't be a problem with permission. I have already started the research who has made which map and so on. After that I'll review all other maps from Scenarios thread if they are worth for adding them and then ask for permission to add them. Then I think we should define some rules which defines whether a map belongs to a certain category or to another (like quantity of towns in relation to map size).
- Well, because this is quite a long list of todos (and I have even more in mind) to do it alone, so I'm going to create a todo list on our team page in the near future so other can claim some of the todos as well ;-) Sleepie 20:13, 28 April 2007 (CEST)