|Artist||George, Wowan, Simozzz, Ghost, Rubiroid, Engineer_Keen, Otecan, LitNik|
|Homepage||xUSSR Set at ttdrussia.net|
The xUSSR Railway Set includes locomotives, DMUs, EMUs and other rolling stock from the former Russian Empire, Soviet Union, the CIS and several countries contained within the former USSR. All vehicles are drawn in realistic extended scale, exceeding original Transport Tycoon graphics. All technical features such as power, tractive effort, capacity, production date etc. are based on pecularities and functionality of real vehicles.
The term "Railway tracks". Types of railway tracks in xUSSR set.
Rolling stock (RS) — movable rail units intended for the transportation of goods and passengers by rail. The set includes following types of rolling stock:
The term "Steam locomotive". Types of steam locomotives.
The term "Diesel locomotive". Types of diesel locomotives.
The term "Electric locomotive". Types of electric locomotives.
The term "DMU". The term "EMU". Types of DMUs and EMUs.
The term "Freight wagon". Types of freight wagons.
The term "Passenger wagon". Types of passenger wagons.
Economy of the xUSSR set
- Types of tracks in xUSSR set - Basic information about various types of railway tracks in the xUSSR set.
- The application of different track types - Tips on which track type to use in which situation and how to effectively combine different types together.
- Main features of the rolling stock - Basic information about various characteristics of the xUSSR trains and wagons and their interpretation.
- Buying the rolling stock - What you should take into account in order to buy the right pieces of rolling stock. Basic information about SMU (System of many units) and the penalty applied to trains which are wrongly assembled without keeping their SMU characteristics in mind.
- The definition of the term "Section" - The rules of building trains composed of sections.
- The availability of rolling stock in different time periods - Information about what trains and wagons will be available depending on the time period and when it's possible to start the game.
- The parameters of the xUSSR set - What GRF parametres can be configured in the xUSSR set and the impact they have on gameplay.
- Replacement, upgrade, purchase and sale of rolling stock - How to effectively replace obsolete/expired pieces of rolling stock and how to choose the right replacement for them.
- Classes of passenger wagons and MUs - The differences between various types/classes of passenger wagons (sleeping wagons, coupe wagons, platzcarts,...) and what impact they have on profit of the train based on speed and distance travelled.
Information about the colors and liveries in the xUSSR set and how to repaint pieces of rolling stock.
Few basic tips for the players who have decided to play with the xUSSR set for the first time.
Screenshots from the game with the xUSSR set.
History of changes made to the xUSSR set. Includes a list of changes since version 0.2.
- http://forums.ttdrussia.net/viewforum.php?f=26 Russian forum
- http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14582 English forum
- NewGRF Documentation
- NewGRF List — A list of working GRF files in OTTD.
- NewGRF FAQ — Answers to frequent questions and problems using GRF files in OpenTTD.
- NewGRF Settings — The NewGRF Settings window is a new feature which allows better management of NewGRF files.
- NewGRF Sets — A list of articles about NewGRF sets.