Adding a squirrel function
To make a new C++ function available to the Squirrel code of the NoAI framework, do
Implement the function
- Add the function declaration to one of the classes in src/ai/api/ai_*.hpp,
- Also add an implementation in the .cpp file,
- To make Squirrel aware of the changes, generate a new Squirrel interface file with squirrel_export.sh. Call that script from within the src/ai/api directory.
- Recompile OpenTTD in the usual way to make the new function available to the NoAI framework.
Write test-cases for the new function in bin/ai/regression.
- In regression.nut, add Squirrel code that tests your new function, and outputs results.
- In regression.txt, add the new expected output.
- Run the regression test by executing make regression. When differences are found, they will be displayed.
- Add the function to the NoAI changelog in src/ai/api/ai_changelog.hpp.
When all works as expected, you can write some Squirrel code to enjoy using your new function.