- OpenTTD is an open source project, published under the GPLv2.
- You can view the repository online and download a copy of the latest source code using Git.
- The latest changes to the OpenTTD repository can be seen on GitHub (RSS feed also available!)
- If you modify the source you can submit a pull request with your changes to the repository.
- We use GitHub issues for bug reports and similar
- Goals of the official branch (see also the overall Objectives of the OpenTTD project.
There is no single source for OpenTTD development docs. It's a complex project with a long history, and multiple APIs.
For developing the core game, the "OpenTTD Development Documentation" sidebar navigation on this page is a good entry point, providing:
- links to development docs on this wiki
- links to external sources such as OpenTTD GitHub (which includes some core development docs) and Doxygen
OpenTTD includes multiple APIs for developing add-ons / mod content. The sidebar navigation on this page also provides links to "Content APIs (modding frameworks)".