These things have to be done for each release:
- backport all the fixes
- run "make regression"
- sort order: Feature, Codechange, Fix then descending revision number
- format: - (Feature|Codechange|Fix): ([<subsection (like OSX)>])? <message> ([FS#XXX])? (rXXXXX)
- merge items that are solving a single goal
- Make a Pull Request for the website announcing the new version. Add to that the snippets that need to go to our socials.
- Create Tag via GitHub.
- Wait for GitHub Actions to finish the build.
- Tag our website to make the announcement live.
- Make a tt-forums announcement.
- Make a tweet @openttdnews.
- Make a reddit post via OpenTTDNews account.
- Post in announcements on Discord (if you cannot, poke an admin or TrueBrain).
- Post a news message on Steam. Don't forget an unique image.
- Update the IRC topic.
- forwardport/merge the changes made in the prerelease
for non-RC releases:
- Poke package maintainers on IRC: blathijs (debian), heffer (fedora).
- Ask TrueBrain to bring the release live on Steam (it already is in the "testing" branch, but needs to go to the "default" branch).
- Poke orudge to update Microsoft Store.
After creating a branch for a new version
Apply changes similar to PR#7319 (a67ee025294278f9113a1c8bcb5ee91d9e174f69)
- Update CMakeLists.txt
- Add a new (empty) AI compatibility script in bin/ai/
- Add the new version to CheckAPIVersion in src/ai/ai_info.cpp + src/game/game_info.cpp
- Add the new version to src/script/api/ai_changelog.hpp + src/script/api/game_changelog.hpp
- Update the version of regression in bin/ai/regression/regression_info.nut
- Add a note to src/saveload/saveload.h about which savegame version is used in the branch.
- Backport changelog to master branch