- Can handle a large number of trains at a time.
- Traffic jams are unlikely.
- Main line is level and straight.
- Trains don't have to loop around like they do in a half cloverleaf.
- Trains must slow down to climb a slope.
- Trains must turn left to go right. This could lead to trains getting lost. (Can be fixed by using waypoints). This is no longer an issue with newer OpenTTD versions that use a more advanced pathfinder.
- Costs a lot and requires a moderate amount of space to build.
- It's best you make it so your longest train can fit completely into one of the turning tracks without blocking the main line behind it.