In this tutorial, you can learn how to build and delete roads for vehicles (busses or trucks) to load and unload passangers or cargos.
How do I lay roads?
First of all, you must open the Road construction toolbar - click the Road construction button on the menu bar:
There are two ways you can lay roads:
- Using 2 directioned road section buttons.
- Using Autoroad tool.
Building selected direction sections
Click on one of the road building buttons . The example uses the 1st button.
Move the cursor over the tile you want to start your road on.
Drag the cursor to where you want your road to end.
Release the mouse button and your new road will appear.
- Note that this works with half-tile precision. If you e.g. click in the right half of a tile and then drag to the right the road will start with a half tile. The same applies for the end tile.
To remove the roads, select the Remove tool . The white square will change to a red square. Now you can simply click & drag along the existing road sections to remove them. Click the tool button again to deselect it. You can also use the R key shortcut.
Using Autoroad tool
First select the Autoroad button from the road construction toolbar. You cursor will change to represent Autoroad feature.
You can placing horizontal/vertical road sections (along squares). Put your cursor over any square and click & drag along the squares.
You can click in a square and move your mouse in different directions to see how new roads would be placed.
Release your mouse cursor and you will have built a straight section of roads.
- Placing diagonal roads is not posible.
- Autoroad tool works fine with hilly terrain, showing you how roads will be placed on a non-uniform landscape.
There are two ways to remove road sections (besides the dynamite tool)
- The easy way to remove roads is to hold down the CTRL key.
To remove a section of roads, hold CTRL and click & drag along existing road section. Just as you would when building roads.
Release the mouse and the roads will be sold. Unlike rails, you will lose money by removing roads.
- The second way is to select the Remove tool ( ). The white squares will change to red squares. Now you can simply click & drag along the existing roads to remove them. Click the tool button again to deselect it. You can also use the R key shortcut.